Pages

Friday, July 9, 2010

Creamy Tomato-Basil Pasta with Shrimp




Creamy Tomato-Basil Pasta with Shrimp

From Kraft Food & Family Summer 2010

3 cups bow-tie pasta, uncooked (I used whole wheat pasta)
1/4 cup KRAFT Sun-Dried Tomato Dressing, divided
1 lb. uncooked peeled deveined medium shrimp
1 cup Fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
1/2 tsp. each garlic powder and black pepper
4 oz. cream cheese, cubed (I used reduced fat)
2 cups grape tomatoes
1/2 cup KRAFT shredded parmesan cheese (I used grated because it's all I had)
8 fresh basil leaves, cut into strips (I used dried basil and just sprinkled it on top)

Cook pasta as directed on package. Meanwhile, heat 2 Tbsp. dressing in large skillet on medium heat. Add shrimp; cook and stir 2 to 3 min. or until shrimp turn pink. Use slotted spoon to remove shrimp from skillet; cover to keep warm. Discard any drippings in skillet.

Add remaining dressing, broth and seasonings to skillet; cook 2 min. or until heated through. Add cream cheese; cook and stir 2 to 3 min. or until melted. Stir in tomatoes; cook 1 minute.

Drain pasta. Add to ingredients in skillet. Stir in parmesan and half the basil; top with shrimp and remaining basil.

We really liked this recipe, but Patrick requested less tomatoes and more shrimp next time. He's not a fan of warm grape tomatoes, but I liked them. Using reduced fat cream cheese and reduced fat parmesan helped cut down on the fat in this recipe, but you definitely couldn't tell!

2 comments:

  1. My hubby would LOVE this! BTW- I left you an award at my blog: http://www.goodenessgracious.com/2010/07/goode-friends-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds yummy. I think I will try this but even reading the recipe 2 cups of tomatoes sounded like a lot so I will probably change the ratio! Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete