Pages

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Pimento Cheese



Pimento Cheese

Shredded Cheddar
Jar of pimentos
Mayonnaise

Blend items together in food processor or blender.

There's not a whole lot more Southern than pimento cheese sandwiches. I grew up eating them and continue to crave them every now and then. My grandfather's was always the best because he used real cheese and mayo. I personally use 2% shredded cheddar and reduced fat mayo. For this particular batch, I used one package of Kraft 2% shredded cheddar and a 4 oz jar of pimentos. I drained some of the liquid out before throwing them in the food processor, but not all. The less liquid you drain, the less amount of mayo you need which cuts the fat down a bit.

This is one of those foods that I didn't realize until only a few years ago was available for purchase in stores. I thought everyone made their own since it's so simple! Whenever I get tired of lunch meat, PB&J, or taking leftovers pimento cheese is a tasty option.

No comments:

Post a Comment