Pages

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Crab Dip



Crab Dip
Recipe courtesy of Elizabeth's Aunt Heather

8oz pkg cream cheese
1 cup mayonnaise
1 TBS lemon juice
1 tsp Worcesterchire sauce
1/4 - 1/2 tsp Old Bay (I use 1/2 tsp)
1 lb fresh crab meat (I bought whatever is cheapest at the grocery store, but is still real crab)

Cook cream cheese in heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly until cheese melts (I use a double boiler). Stir in mayonnaise and next 3 ingredients. Add crab and cook over low heat until thoroughly heated. Transfer to a chafing dish and keep warm.

Makes 2 3/4 cups.

This is my very favorite hot crab dip recipe, and I've eaten a lot of crab dip. It's always the perfect taste and consistency. Even my friend who doesn't like seafood likes this dip!

No comments:

Post a Comment